Adoptions in 2015: 50
Adoptions to date: 2,627
Danielle is a 6-7 month old female petite Pit mix that we rescued from SF ACC where she was deemed too shy for adoption. She is slowly gaining confidence in her foster home.
- Gets along with other dogs
- Does well in her crate
- Walks okay on her leash
- Needs a family that can continue working with her on boosting her confidence
- Can be shy and nervous with new surroundings so she would do better in a quieter home with older, respectful children
Buster is a 3-year old male Terrier mix we rescued from Martinez. He weighs 25 lbs.
- Sweet and easy going
- Responds to his name and basic commands
- Goes in his crate for a treat and is quiet
- Comfortable laying on his dog bed while fosters watch TV
- Likes walks and has typical terrier energy on them
- Would do best in a home without cats, as he will chase them
- Prefers to be the only dog in the home and can be choosy about other dogs
- Rides well in cars
Macy is a 1-2 year old female Terrier mix we rescued from Selma. She weighs under 10 lbs.
- Likes to cuddle
- Rides well in a car
- Very good for her bath
- Walks great on leash
- Gets along well with other dogs
- Very sweet, happy, playful, and loving little girl
- Doing well with potty training once her routine is established
- Loves going to the park and does well off leash with her pack
- Confident girl who loves all people. Handles crowds and busy downtown SF with ease
Chip is an 11-week old male Lab-Cattledog mix we are rescuing from Madera along with his siblings Celsie, Cassie, Coby and Cody.
Cassie is an 11-week old female Lab-Cattledog mix we are rescuing from Madera along with her siblings Celsie, Chip, Coby, and Cody.
Nudgie is a 2-year old male Terrier mix rescued from Delano. Due to his lack of confidence around people, we are seeking a home with a confident doggy companion for him.
- Super sweet
- Active boy who loves all other dogs
- Doing well on leash
- Seems completely house broken
- Is slowly getting used to riding in cars as this is all new for him
- He is gaining confidence everyday in his foster home
- He is more nervous inside the house than outside, but he is getting much better
- Perfectly crate trained, but hardly uses it in his foster home and he sleeps at the foot of their bed
- Likely born as a stray he is still slightly untrusting of people, but has never shown aggression
- In his foster home people are able to pet him if they approach slowly or are sitting down next to him (he is slowly learning that humans are good!)
Spring is a 7-year old female Airedale-Terrier mix we rescued from Kauai as part of its shelter pet transfer program to save homeless dogs on the island.
- Sweet, mellow girl
- Good with other dogs
- Scared of cats
- Great on a leash. Enjoys long walks!
- Did well accompanying a volunteer to work all day in Kauai
Britta is a 12-week old female Chiweenie-Terrier mix we rescued from Merced with her siblings Brooke, Barney, and Baxter. They were abandoned in a box in a local park and cared for by a cat rescue until coming to Copper's Dream. All four pups are social and friendly.
Lucy is a 4-5 year old English Mastiff mix we rescued. She weighs 130 lbs and should gain some more weight.
- Patient, sweet girl who has been good with large dogs, small dogs, and puppies. Used to living with a small dog
- Very social with adults and children
- Improving leash-walking skills
- Has a slight limp due to past injuries, but it does not cause her any pain
- Should have a cat-free home
Roadie is a 3 month old male Shepherd-Pit mix puppy we rescued from Madera. He is very friendly with everyone and was a shelter volunteer favorite.
Libby is a 4-year old female Airedale-Terrier mix we rescued from Kauai as part of its shelter pet transfer program to save homeless dogs on the island.
- Friendly and sweet
- Does great with people but prefers calm situations
- Has done well with other dogs to help build her confidence
- May do best initially in a quieter foster home
Stan is a 1.5-year old male Chi and possibly Min Pin mix that we rescued along with his son Olly. He is very social and playful.
- Very friendly, happy, and loving boy
- Likes to be with people at all times
- Not much of a barker, does very limited protective barking only
- Does OK in crate but would rather be with people
- Enjoys being with other dogs
- Does fine with cats
- Loves to ride in the car and go on walks, but also happy lounging on the couch
- Likes chew toys
Cuddles is a 6-year old male Chi or Chiweenie mix rescued from Tracy.
- Adorable little guy who loves everyone
- Very social and sweet
- LOVES chewing on bones
- Currently overweight at 8 lbs (should be about 4lbs), so will need to work on losing some weight
- Loves to go for walks
- Fine with big and small dogs, although not really into playing with them
- Ignores the cat
- Seems house trained
- Rides great in the car
- Likes to follow his foster around the house
- Seems to be smart
- Hangs out in his crate when his foster is at work
- Can sleep in his crate at night but prefers to snuggle up in bed
- Likes to be held on his back like a baby in your arms
Cowboy is a 5-month old male Australian Cattle Dog mix we rescued. He will need an active home that understands the breed. He currently weighs 27 lbs and might be around 45 lbs when full grown.
- Good energy and athletic
- Has been gentle with kids but, due to breed, older kids are recommended
- Very alert around people and animals seen on walks
- Can be dominant with other dogs but responds to verbal correction
- LOVES to chase balls and fetch
- Learns quickly. Can sit and shake, and walks reasonably well on leash
- Extremely food motivated. Listens well to verbal instruction
- Did well crated the first night at foster home
- Seems housebroken
Cybil is a 3-month old female Terrier-Briard mix we rescued with her siblings. These sweet pups were all successfully treated for parvo. They are now healthy and ready for their new homes! Cybil weighs 25 lbs.
- Loves all people and wants to say hello to everyone
- Very playful with resident adult dog and curious about resident cat
- Enjoys snuggling when tired
- High energy and happy-go-lucky personality
- Learning to walk on leash (came to rescue not knowing what a leash was)
- Doing well with house training. Usually whines by door when she has to go out
- Extremely smart
- Sleeps pretty well in her crate with sibling at night
Freckles is a 4-month old female Terrier-Chi mix we rescued from McFarland with her siblings. They are likely to have some Doxie in them as well with their long bodies and wide barrel chests. These sweet pups all weigh 7 lbs.
- Has super cute freckles on her forepaws
- Sat still while getting her nail trim
- Total cuddlebug. Loves to sit in your lap and get stroked or looking lovingly into your eyes
- Mellow personality
- Does fine with the resident cat in her foster home
- Likes to dance on her hind legs
- Enjoys her crate and sleeps through the night
- Does well with kids
- Doing really well with potty training
Rayne is a beautiful 3-year old female mix we rescued from Merced.
- Great companion and cuddler
- Loves to play fetch, go on bike rides, go to the beach, and get belly rubs!
- Very calm indoors
- House trained and does well in her crate
- Is very easy to bathe at home or the pet store
- Demonstrates patience and discipline by executing commands before eating
- Loves car rides and is very content running errands with her people
- No resource guarding with food, treats, toys, etc.
- Would ideally be an only dog
- Has had extensive training to help her gain confidence in new situations and around new people. She has made amazing progress, and her new home will need to be committed to continuing this work.
Hydro is a 1.5-year old male Airedale mix we rescued from Madera. He is mild mannered and friendly with dogs of all sizes.
Coal is an 8-week old male Chiweenie-Terrier mix we rescued from Merced with his siblings. They were surrendered as part of an unwanted litter to a cat rescue.
Freckles is a 2-year old male Chi mix we rescued from Martinez.
- Super friendly and outgoing with people. Goes up to everyone for pets and licks
- Loves sitting on laps
- Does well with other dogs. Greets them nicely and learning how to play
- Does fine in a crate but has not needed it much in foster home. Does well uncrated
- Loves walks and is working on not pulling
- Knows how to sit. Working on down
- Good jumping ability
- Loves to fetch and is great at bringing the ball back
- Doing well with house training
Simba is a 1-year old, 13lb male Basenji mix we rescued from Martinez.
- Knows sit, stay, off
- Loves to cuddle!
- Fine with other dogs
- Working on house training
- Incredibly loving, confident boy who will bond with his people
- Follow his fosters around the house and learning to share attention with them
- Quiets down quickly in his crate and goes in easily when told
- Great dog for someone who really can enjoy his company and would really make him a part of their life
Wilson is a 1-year old male Cattle Dog and possibly Catahoula mix we rescued from Madera. He is said to be mild mannered and friendly with dogs of all sizes.
Fannie is a 2-year old female Spaniel-Terrier mix that we rescued from Delano. Fannie weighs 10-12 lbs.
- Sweet, great with other dogs
- Lots of playful energy but settles down well
- Learning to do better being left alone
- Starting to become more confident and enjoys being with people
- Has done well with calm children
- Soft fluffy coat with an expressive little face
- Walks well on leash
- Does well crated at night and when people are home
Onyx is an 8-week old female Chiweenie-Terrier mix we rescued from Merced with her siblings. They were surrendered as part of an unwanted litter to a cat rescue.
Indigo is an 8-week old male Chiweenie-Terrier mix we rescued from Merced with his siblings. They were surrendered as part of an unwanted litter to a cat rescue.
Coco is a 2-year old male McNab mix we rescued from Selma. He weighs about 35 lbs.
- Very friendly with dogs and people
- Walks great on leash
- Calm temperament
- Seems to be house trained
- Knows sit
Tom is a 3-month old male Terrier-Briard mix we rescued with his siblings. These sweet pups were all successfully treated for parvo. They are now healthy and ready for their new homes!
- Happy, well-adjusted puppy
- Loves attention and very affectionate
- Friendly with strangers and children
- Good with dogs of all sizes
- Curious and playful
- Has good recall
- Takes treats gently
- Sleeps through the night in his crate
- Doing well with house training
- Did well for his bath
Mary is a 3-month old female Terrier-Briard mix we rescued with her siblings. These sweet pups were all successfully treated for parvo. They are now healthy and ready for their new homes! Mary weighs 15 lbs,
- Super playful and smart
- Likes to snuggle with her foster mom
- Loves the beach and enjoys playing with resident dog there
- Sleeps through the night in her crate with her sibling
- Doing well with house training
Piper is a 10-12 week old female Border Collie-Cattle Dog mix we rescued from Tehama with Peter (who has been adopted). Both are sweet, playful, and curious pups who will be medium sized when full grown.
Midnight is an 8-week old female Chiweenie-Terrier mix we rescued from Merced with her siblings. They were surrendered as part of an unwanted litter to a cat rescue.
Barney is an 8-week old male Chiweenie-Terrier mix we rescued from Merced with his siblings Brooke, Baxter, and Britta. They were abandoned in a box in a local park and cared for by a cat rescue until coming to Copper's Dream. All four pups are social and friendly.
Rusty is a 4-month old male Terrier-Chi mix we rescued from McFarland with his siblings. They are likely to have some Doxie in them as well with their long bodies and wide barrel chests. These sweet pups all weigh 7 lbs.
Matthew is a 3-month old male Terrier-Briard mix we rescued with his siblings. These sweet pups were all successfully treated for parvo. They are now healthy and ready for their new homes!
- Very sweet boy
- Likes to cuddle
- Ignores resident cat
- LOVES people
- Gets along with resident dogs
- Loves food, no food aggression
- Working on potty training
- Not a fan of the crate, but quiets down after a few minutes and sleeps through the night
Pumpkin is a 4-month old female Pit mix we rescued from Yolo County. She is a sweet, loving pup.
- Sweet, bouncy, loving pup
- Submissive with other dogs and loves to try to play
- Gets along well with all dogs and people that she meets
- No accidents in the house. Completely crate trained
- Loves her crate and is silent in it
- Full of puppy energy and will need a lot of exercise
- Loves to cuddle and sit on laps
Jack Frost is a 2-year old male Terrier mix we rescued.
- Active boy
- Friendly and outgoing
- Gets along fine with other dogs
- Doing well with crate training
Riona is an 8-week old female Pit mix that we rescued from Oakland.
- Assertive confident puppy
- Likes to play with other dogs
- A bit too rough for the cats in her temp foster home (she wants to wrestle with them)
- Loves people and will give you kisses if you let her
- Like all puppies, would do best in a home where the family will be consistent with her training
London is a 3-4 year old female mix, appears to be a Pug/Beagle, rescued from a hoarding situation.
- Sweet girl who enjoys spending time with gentle people
- Likes playing with other dogs and spending time in backyard
- Enjoys walks. Learning how to walk on a leash
- Not comfortable around loud noises or big objects
- Medium energy level, but calm inside
- Quiet girl, rarely barks in her foster home
- Seems mostly housebroken
- Does not like going in her crate
Vixen is a 1-year old female Min Pin mix we rescued from Chowchilla. We also see some Chihuahua in her.
- Likes to be held and petted
- A little shy with meeting big groups of people, but warms up to meeting one person at a time really well
- Does really well in her crate, though may whine a bit at first
- Not that interested in being out in the yard by herself, would rather be in the house with you
- Great cuddler. Happy to nap next you on the couch
Julie is a 3-year old female Min Pin mix we rescued from Madera with her daughter Bug. Bug has already been adopted, and now it is Julie's turn for a forever home!
- Very affectionate and friendly
- Quiet in her crate
- Enjoys walks
- Seems to get along with cats
- Has done well with large and small dogs
Merry is a 9-month old female Pit mix we rescued from Tehama County. She was a staff favorite at the shelter.
- Doing great with house training (no accidents, has learned to go to the back door when she needs out)
- Mellow around the house, great cuddler!
- Very sweet personality
- Happy, playful girl
- Loves toys and attention
- Responsive & learning puppy manners
- Plays well with other dogs and would make a great second dog in a family
- Knows sit
- Will entertain herself playing with toys and chewing on bones for hours
- Has been trustworthy in the house when left alone uncrated for short periods of time
Snickers is a 1-2 year old male Terrier mix we rescued from Madera. He weighs about 13 lbs and has short legs (maybe some Corgi mixed in).
- Gorgeous boy. Has beautiful eyes and a very soft coat
- Loves people and most other dogs. A bit shy with big dogs
- Total goofball--when he wags his tail his whole body wags
- House trained
- Likes to be right near you, but not a big fan of sitting in your lap or being carried
- Learning to walk on the leash
- Was fine with the cats in his temporary foster home but would do best with dog-savvy cats
- No food aggression, somewhat treat motivated
- Loves his chew toys
- Good with kids. Has been very friendly and calm around groups of small kids in the park and at home
Willow is a 1.5-year old female Hound mix we rescued from Reedley. She weighs about 50 lbs.
- Beautiful and sweet girl
- Very friendly with everyone she meets
- Seems to be submissive and mellow
- Interested in cats but not overly focused on them
- Doing well on leash despite not likely having much leash training in past
Chickpea is a 1-2 year old female Chi mix we rescued from Los Banos. She weighs 5-7 lbs.
- Very sweet and loving girl
- Walks well on a leash
- Has not barked in foster home
- Confident but not pushy around new people and dogs
- Has respectful greetings with news dogs and will try to play, but pleasant if the other dog isn't interested
- Wants to be a lapdog
- Warmed up quickly to resident cat
- Loves her foster dad and follows him wherever he goes
Tootsie is a 6-8 month old female Pit mix rescued from the Vallejo Humane Society.
- Short, stocky, and very adorable
- Very exuberant pup
- Sweet personality and does well with other dogs
- Always happy, loves all people
- Has played with children before. Would do great in a home with kids or other dogs
- Sleeps quietly in her crate at night
- Doing well with leash walking and basic obedience. Very smart and response
- Loves to cuddle and nap with you
- Quiet dog, does not bark
- Does very well in her crate
- Does well for her baths
- Enjoys long car rides
Peter is a 10-12 week old male Border Collie-Cattle Dog mix we rescued from Tehama with Piper. Both are sweet, playful, and curious pups who will be medium sized when full grown.
Edith is a 3-month old female Terrier-Briard mix we rescued with her siblings. These sweet pups were all successfully treated for parvo. They are now healthy and ready for their new homes!
- Loves people
- Friendly with children
- Has done great around big dogs she has met
- Did well for her bath
- Will make a great family dog
- Scared of the resident cat (barks and runs away)
Baxter is an 8-week old male Chiweenie-Terrier mix we rescued from Merced with his siblings Brooke, Barney, and Britta. They were abandoned in a box in a local park and cared for by a cat rescue until coming to Copper's Dream. All four pups are social and friendly.
Crachitt is a 3-month old male Spaniel mix we rescued from Madera with his brothers. They are long and low, so they may have some Dachshund or Terrier in them as well.
- Likes to play with dogs of all sizes
- Warms up quickly to people after meeting them
- Crate trained
- Sleeps through the night
Ember is an 8-week old male Chiweenie-Terrier mix we rescued from Merced with his siblings. They were surrendered as part of an unwanted litter to a cat rescue.
Brandon is a 12-week old male Lab-Shepherd mix we rescued from Red Bluff.
Dakota is a 1-year old female Shepherd-Doberman mix that we rescued. Dakota will do best with an experienced owner able to provide an active home.
- Playful, loving, and loyal
- Energetic pup. Goes on 2-3 long walks per day and hikes several times per week
- Loves to cuddle when she is tired
- Very friendly meeting females. Takes about 10 minutes to open up to new males
- House trained and crate trained
- Knows many commands including sit, stay, heel, down, touch, watch me, front, stand, and up. She also has excellent recall
- Rides very well in the car
- Loves fetch, swimming, balls, squeaky toys, and bully sticks
- Does well with a pack of dogs on hikes but must have proper and careful introductions for one-on-one meetings with new dogs