The dogs we rescue come from high-kill shelters that struggle with the basic necessities. For 2011, we are launching our Adopt a Shelter program. Throughout the year our goal is to fill the wish lists of a handful of shelters so that we can broaden the impact of Copper's Dream. Food, toys, water bowls, cleaning supplies-- these are just some of the items these shelters need to improve the well being of dogs in their care.
You can help by looking over these wish lists and contributing. Passing on the wish list items amongst your family, friends, and co-workers can result in an even greater impact. Perhaps your workplace or neighborhood can do a donation drive.
Together, we can make a difference!
If you have questions about the Adopt-a-Shelter program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SELMA WISH LIST
According to shelter volunteers, wish priorities are: dog food, crates, cleaning supplies, big water bowls, poop scoopers.
- Dry & Canned Food – Adult, Senior, Puppy (Diamond brand preferred)
- Collapsible Wire Crates – all sizes
- Hard Plastic Transport Crates – all sizes
- Laundry Detergent
- Scrubbing Brushes
- Rake, Shovel, etc.
- Squirt Bottles
- Power Washer
- Stainless Steel Water Bowls (large)
- Dog Treats: moist and dry treats
- Dog or Puppy Collars and Leashes
- Dog Beds for foster homes
- Flea/Tick Prevention: Heartguard, Interceptor, Promeris, Frontline, Advantix
- Rubber, Plush, Tugger dog toys
- Towels & Blankets
- Plastic Pools for Outside Kennels
- Laptop to keep a file for every dog that comes through the shelter
- Digital Camera
- Mini-Printer to print photos to accompany paperwork
You can donate a Kuranda elevated dog bed to Selma here.
WASCO WISH LIST
According to shelter volunteers, wish priorities are: a play area, new kennels, water bowls, dog food, and Lixit waterers.
- Materials for New Play Area/Kennels (we can provide measurements):
- Mini-Mesh fencing (6' tall)
- Privacy Plus or Privamax chain link fencing (9 gauge 6' tall)
- Schedule 40 Steel Pipe
- Walk Gates
- Stainless Steel Water Bowls (medium and large)
- Dry Food
- Lixit Waterers
- Heavy-duty Rubber dog toys
- Tennis balls
You can donate a Kuranda elevated dog bed to Wasco here.